Saturday, February 3, 2007

Welcome to my diary

Welcome to my world! A world full of cakes, cakes and erm... cakes. I'm addicted to making cakes just for the sake of baking - alright, I love eating them, too. The people who started me on this dangerous -well, extending waistlines are dangerous - road includes Nigella Lawson and the lovely folks on her website, nigella.com. To them I owe the most heartfelt thanks for introducing me into the world of FOOD. With capitals. Before I met them, I liked cooking and baking. Now it is my passion. I have learned -and am still learning - so much from these people, that my world is extending. I use ingredients I didn't even hear of a couple of years ago and I am more adventurous than I've ever been - well, sometimes not to the satisfaction of my somewhat down-to-earth-palated husband, but anyway...
Also it is owing to these lovely people that my cookbook collection is increasing immensely - and my bank account is shrinking to the same extent, but I've not decided yet whether I should be grateful or reproachful for that LOL

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy taking a few trips in foodland with me, with occasional detours to some specimens of Hungarian cuisine.

5 comments:

Paola Westbeek said...

This is great, Mara! You are one of those people that NEEDS to have a blog! No pardon! I always enjoy your beautiful pictures and your gorgeous recipes, so I will certainly bookmark this and keep reading!

paola

Anna's kitchen table said...

Congratulations dear Mara on starting your blog - I have bookmarked it, so will be checking in regularly! It's lovely, well done
xx

Rachel said...

I'm also very pleased you're starting a blog, as I enjoy the excellent quality of your photos. They push me to make more of an effort with my own! Enjoy, it's such fun
Rachelb
xxx

Mara said...

Thank you girls, you're so sweet :) I hope we'll have fun here!

Anonymous said...

Hello honey ! A blog from my Baking Queen, how wonderful !!!
Will be watching your Bill recipes with interest too, (our gay friend!).

Happy Cooking
GQ xx